CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Very Scary...

On Thursday night, I had to take Blake to the emergency room. He came home from work that day complaining of having a lump under his arm that was hurting very much. He had one of these things before when we very first got to Texas, but it just went away on its own. This time he was in much more pain than he was with the other one, and instead of getting better, it just kept getting bigger and bigger. We decided at about 10 p.m. that night we would just go ahead to the emergency room, because Blake's clinic was closed the next day due to Memorial Day.

Once we got to the ER, we saw we were in for a wait. There were a lot of people there. We even had someone come in that had been drinking and said the thought he had broken his hip, yet he walked all the way from the barracks to the ER, which is about 3 miles! So, once they checked Blake in, we were told that his problem did not classify as an "emergency" so we were in for a long wait.

At about 3 a.m. we finally got back to a room. We were pretty happy because we thought that it was only a matter of time now. We were sure that we only had about an hour to go until we could go home and actually rest. Well, we were wrong!!!

About 6 a.m. the doctor finally came in to have a look at Blake. He said that it was an infection and it need to be drained and packed. So, they took care of all of that (which was not fun for Blake at all). The doctor told him he had to give him a shot in the infected spot so it would be numb when he cut it. Well his idea of a shot was more like six shots. The doctor had to go around the whole spot and give little shots so that it was all numb. Blake was in so much pain. I told him to squeeze my hand, and he did a little, but he was afraid he was going to hurt me.

Finally, after the doctor was finished, he gave us the instructions and Blake's prescriptions, and we could leave. I think it was about 7 a.m. when we finally pulled into our driveway. We were both exhausted, but by this time Lilli was awake for the day. So, I had to stay awake with her, and I told Blake to go get as much rest as he could. I'm just so glad that Blake's problem wasn't extremely serious. I was very worried about him.

And, just in case you were wondering, Lilli slept the WHOLE time in her car seat. She had no clue what was going on. When she woke up, she looked up at me like how in the world did I get in this thing. I think she had the best seat in the whole ER. I know that if someone would have pushed me around and let me sleep that night, I would have defiantly let them!

1 comments:

Summer said...

I am glad Blake is ok. You guys are very lucky Lilli slept the entire time. It would have been very stressful if she hadn't!