CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

PCS to Texas

Well...we FINALLY made it!!! In just three short (yeah right!) days, we finally arrived in Killeen, TX. That car ride was crazy!!! It was long and boring. Not a lot to look at!!! Along the way we had some laughter, we had some tears (mainly from Lilli , who ABSOLUTELY HATES her car seat), and we had some scares!!! The biggest scare I think we had was the accident!!! Blake hit a buzzard!!! I was asleep and I heard a huge thump...which I thought was a flat tire!!! I really wish it was!!! Instead I woke up to Blake trying to get off to the side of the road and telling me that he had hit a huge bird!!! We got out of the car and found a big dent in my pretty much brand new car right in the middle of the hood!!! Ugh, I was so ill...but I know it was not his fault!!! After all, the bird did fly right in front of the car!!! Oh well, it will be OK. Now that we have been here a little while, we have finally found a house, and we get to move in tomorrow!!! YAY!!! No more hotels!!! I cannot wait to be in our own house with our own stuff and not having people all around us!!! The trip was definitely long, but it gave us a chance to bond as a family and really get to spend time together before Blake gets deployed. I would not have traded one second of that car ride for anything in the world!!! (YES, that includes Blake hitting the buzzard!!!) lol

1 comments:

Summer said...

I am glad you guys made it safely! The pictures are beautiful! Please update this often and I will try to be better about mine. I am glad you finally got a house. Talk to you soon. I miss you guys!