CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

All about the thumb

Well...it is official, Lilli absolutely loves to suck her thumb!!! She just started this habit three days ago. We were sitting on the couch and I heard some kind of sucking noise and I thought she had her paci. When I looked down at my little angel, I was kind of surprised and nervous. She had her thumb stuck right in her mouth, just sucking away. I thought it was really cute, but I don't want her to start that habit, because it is really hard to break. I can always take the pacifier away, but I can't exactly take her thumb!!! When I saw her sucking her thumb, I just reached down and pulled it out without making a big deal about it. I gave her her paci and I thought that was that. But just a little while later, I looked down and it was not her paci she was enjoying so much, but her thumb again. Once again I pulled it out and offered her the paci. All together that day I caught Lilli sucking her thumb about six times. And ever since then I have been catching her in the act. I am really hoping this is just a phase that will pass before she really starts relying on her thumb. And if it isn't, then I guess we will have to cross that bridge when we come to it. I do have to say though, she is so darn cute sucking her thumb!!!

1 comments:

Summer said...

Addie did this, and it was a phase. I can't believe how big she is getting.